For further information about any of the items in this news update please email the Luxury Law Alliance's executive director Anne Gallagher, who can be reached at email@example.com, or relationship manager Jasminder Soor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Save-the-Date – 10th Annual Luxury Law Europe Summit and Awards set for 22 June
Now in its 10th year, the Luxury Law Europe Summit and Awards will be held in London on 22 June. The Summit brings together global luxury business leaders, inhouse counsel and specialist legal teams to discuss the most important challenges and opportunities in the business of luxury.
The theme of this year’s summit is New Frontiers. Sessions will explore how luxury companies are adopting new digital strategies including collaborations with gaming and metaverse platforms to take advantage of the huge potential for virtual and hybrid luxury goods.
The increasingly influential ESG movement will also feature heavily.
Topics will include:
▪ Global overview of the luxury marketplace including key trends impacting the sector
▪ Legal issues in the metaverse
▪ Luxury and the gaming sector
▪ Media and entertainment
▪ The latest developments in brand protection
▪ Litigation trends
▪ Creating and protecting digital assets
▪ Licensing strategies
▪ Luxury workplace issues
▪ Supply chain transparency
▪ Data privacy and security
The forum and will officially launch in the next few days. In the meantime you can register your interest in attending here.
The awards, meanwhile, are set to launch in mid-February. There will be eight awards for brands and their legal teams. If you would like to discuss entering, please email email@example.com
Business Leader of the Year
Entrepreneur of the Year
Sustainability Initiative of the Year
The Marella Naj-Oleari Luxury Business In-House General Counsel of the Year
Legal Team of the Year
Innovation Leader of the Year
IP Counsel of the Year
State of Luxury 2022 - the ESG Imperative
On 20 January, experts and in-house counsel discussed the profound pandemic-affected developments in 2021 and their views of challenges and opportunities for 2022. The two-hour programme began with a luxury industry overview followed by a discussion of ESG, identified as one of the most critical areas of focus in the coming year. Providing a 'view from the trenches,' corporate counsel discussed how ESG issues affect luxury sectors including hospitality, fashion, beauty, and food and beverages.
Thank you for our chair, keynote and speakers:
• Chair, Kate Anthony Wilkinson, Group General Counsel & Secretary, Mulberry Group plc
• Keynote, Carole Madjo, Head of European Luxury Goods Research, Barclays Equities Research
• Karim Adatia, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Insight Enterprises
• Hadrian Beltrametti-Walker, Vice President, Legal Services, Kempinski Hotels
• David Chameli, Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Crystal Clean
• Michael Ellis, Group General Counsel, Abercrombie & Kent
• Jeffrey Hellman, Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, PVH Corp.
• Esteban Mezzano, General Counsel Operations and Sustainability, Nestle
If you missed the webinar, there is still time to watch a recording, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Several of the speakers for State of Luxury 2022 programme have taken part in the our regular Q&A features, namely Karim Adatia, Hadrian Beltrametti-Walker, David Chameli and Jeffrey Hellman.
Contact email@example.com if you would like to take part.